Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Vacancy Lab Coordinator Usable Transplant / Bayer / Fulltime
At Bayer Crop Science, we’re harnessing the spirit of innovation to shape what’s possible for farmers, consumers, and the planet. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive digital transformation. Within this fast moving environment we are looking for a Lab Coordinator Usable Transplant, in the Quality Testing division.
Your tasks and responsibilities.
As a lab coordinator, you will be leading a team of lab technicians and supervise Usable Transplant testing activities in our laboratory in Bergschenhoek. We do Usable Transplant tests to ensure the quality of our seeds, via growth related parameters. By testing a certain percentage of a seed batch, we ensure that this batch has the correct amount of correct developed seeds/plants.
The overall responsibility is managing your team and securing our data defensibility. You will work in close collaboration with the other Lab Coordinators, stakeholder interface and compliance. You will report the lab performance to your direct management and propose improvement opportunities.
In your daily activities you will:
- Coordinate the Bergschenhoek Usable Transplant Team from all people development aspects.
- Define, recruit and onboard adequate people resources to test the expected volume within our customers expectation.
- Secure a safe, compliant and positive work environment which is compliant with all HSE, Business Conduct and HR.
- Interact to maximize testing activities by considering demand, lab constraints and customer expectations.
- Identifies, understands and resolves issues.
- Triggers continuous improvement.
- Produce communication material to engage, educate and empower team members and stakeholders.
Who you are?
We are looking someone who has a Bachelor in Life Sciences or related field, with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in a lab environment to build on.
Next to this you have:
- Experience in managing a team.
- Experience with Quality organizations and processes.
- Plant Physiology knowledge and mastery in sample management tools.
- Worked with standard operation procedures (ISO, ISTA, HSE etc.) in regard to the sample flow in the lab. Providing the results and document them in SAP.
- Excellent communication in English. Dutch is highly preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
What Bayer offers you.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Crop Science employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including 8,33% holiday allowance.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Lots of international growth opportunities.
- A team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Interested in this position?
At Bayer, we are committed to improving lives through a food system that is better for farmers, consumers and the planet. These targets will be both ambitious and time-bound, with a combination of long-term thinking and short- to mid-term goals. We cannot realize this vision alone. Turning today’s impossibilities into tomorrow’s breakthroughs requires strong collaboration with scientists, innovators, regulators, and farmers.
Reach out to us by clicking the ‘Apply’ button! In case of any questions you can contact Luuck van Kooten via Luuck.email@example.com. Applications via email will not be processed. Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via www.career.bayer.be/en/sociall-wall/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 97741
Functional Area: Quality