Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
vacancy / Senior Professional Customs Compliance EMEA / Enkhuizen / fulltime
At Bayer Crop Science, we’re harnessing the spirit of innovation to shape what’s possible for farmers, consumers, and the planet. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive digital transformation. Within this fast moving environment we are looking for a Senior Professional Customs Compliance. In this position we expect you to be present at our Enkhuizen office.
Your tasks and responsibilities.
It is the purpose of the Senior Professional Customs Compliance to be the point of contact for Dutch Customs Authorities and to be responsible of coordinating and maintaining internal control processes of Customs Licenses in EMEA ITCC Center of Excellence organization. You will support the EMEA COE with defined KPI/metrics, assist regional and global projects from customs compliance point of view and advice on customs compliance related topics.
As the Senior Professional Customs Compliance you are responsible developing and leading customs licenses in the Netherlands and being the point of contact for Dutch Customs authorities. You ensure support and consultancy to business on customs compliance related topics and you manage required KPIs and metrics.
Next to this you will:
- Governance of customs licenses in the Netherlands and being Customs Compliance Officer for the Netherland
- Develop, coordinate and document customs license internal control process and maintenance
- Being the point of contact for Dutch Customs Authorities
- Knowledge of customs legislation for EMEA where Bayer operates for respective products
- Responsible for supporting trade license management via responsible personnel in the countries
- Regional support for all AEO initiatives, is knowledgeable and informed on a real time basis of relevant Regional / Global trade statutes, regulations and policies
- Managing required reporting in EMEA ITCC by defining needed sources and by using reporting skills MS excel and in other tools.
- Responsible for providing customs compliance related input for the discussions/projects/tools in EMEA region
- Liaising / interfacing working relationships with, Production site, Customer Care, Logistics, Regulatory, Compliance Council, Research and other relevant stakeholders, to ensure effective Customs Compliance
Who you are?
We are looking for a person with a Bachelor degree in Foreign Trade, International Business Management or a similar major. Off course with a strong knowledge of the Dutch and international trade customs.
- 2-3 years of experience in international and Dutch trade customs
- Project management knowledge and experience
- Proficient work experience on trade licenses like AEO/ known consignor, IPR, etc
- Proficient knowledge in import & export compliance topics like; tax, Incoterms, customs, transport and trade regulations.
- Data analysis experience; efficient knowledge
- Efficient experience in reporting via different sources like SAP,BI,BO in order to export the data, analyze the data and build the reports/graphs
- Good communication skills (fluent Dutch and English);
Our ideal candidate also:
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, self-motivator
- Ability to take the ownership of customs compliance topics
- Hands on mentality to support the business
- Conceptual thinking and able to solve complex problems
- Excellent technical reporting skills to develop and maintain KPI/metrics
- Persuasion and Result Driven
What Bayer offers you.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Crop Science employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including 8,33% holiday allowance.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Lots of international growth opportunities.
- A team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Interested in this position?
At Bayer, we are committed to improving lives through a food system that is better for farmers, consumers and the planet. These targets will be both ambitious and time-bound, with a combination of long-term thinking and short- to mid-term goals.
We cannot realize this vision alone. Turning today’s impossibilities into tomorrow’s breakthroughs requires strong collaboration with scientists, innovators, regulators, and farmers. Please check this link to get more insight into Bayer Crop Science.
Reach out to us by clicking the ‘Apply’ button! In case of any questions you can contact Bas Stel via email@example.com. Applications via email will not be processed.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via www.career.bayer.be/en/sociall-wall/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We look forward to receiving your application online.
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 177244
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services