Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
vacancy / Maintenance Facility & Engineering Manager / Bergschenhoek / Fulltime
At Bayer Crop Science, we’re harnessing the spirit of innovation to shape what’s possible for farmers, consumers, and the planet. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive digital transformation. Within this fast moving environment we are looking for a Maintenance, Engineering & Facility Manager. In this position we expect you to be present at our Bergschenhoek office.
Your tasks and responsibilities.
It is the purpose of the Maintenance Manager to maintains all assets and utilities on site to ensure operation, calibration and reliability of all equipment and anticipate to problems to ensure maximum equipment availability.
As the Maintenance Manager you are responsible for the Responsible for Maintenance and Facility budget (CAPEX and OPEX) for the Long Range Planning Maintenance and Facilities and for managing the Maintenance Team and the Facility Team (People Leader).
Next to this you will:
- Responsible for preventive and restorative maintenance of all the equipment and buildings on the Bergschenhoek Site, to ensure maximum availability of the equipment;
- Lead and develop the Maintenance and the Facility Team;
- Lead the technical projects on site;
- Executes an effective calibration program;
- Drives continuous improvement to meet quality standards and performance goals while meeting regulatory and safety requirements;
- Update and maintain the Quality Management Systems (SharePoint, ISO Star, BopV5, ESH) and have close communication with all departments.
Who you are?
We are looking for a person with a Bachelor degree in Industrial / Mechanical Engineering. Off course with a strong knowledge of maintenance and facilities planning.
- You have strong experience as a team leader, at least 3 years;
- At least 6 year experience working in as an Industrial / Mechanical Engineer
- You are result oriented, dynamic, and team player;
- Experience in effective project management;
- Good communication skills (fluent Dutch and English);
- Excellent computer skills.
Our ideal candidate also:
- You have a keen eye for quality you are always looking for a structural solution for recurring quality issues;
- You have a high agility and are prepared to work overtime if necessary. You see it as a challenge to be exchangeable with other departments or to carry out other activities than standard;
- You don’t mind performing in a turbulent and constantly moving organization. You are participating constructively to come up with solutions when there are changes within the department or the organization;
- You are accurate, punctual, efficient and a problem solver;
- You have excellent people skills and see it as a challenge to help your team as well as your team members with their personal development.
What Bayer offers you.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Crop Science employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including 8,33% holiday allowance.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Lots of international growth opportunities.
- A team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Interested in this position?
At Bayer, we are committed to improving lives through a food system that is better for farmers, consumers and the planet. These targets will be both ambitious and time-bound, with a combination of long-term thinking and short- to mid-term goals.
We cannot realize this vision alone. Turning today’s impossibilities into tomorrow’s breakthroughs requires strong collaboration with scientists, innovators, regulators, and farmers. Please check this link to get more insight into Bayer Crop Science
Reach out to us by clicking the ‘Apply’ button! In case of any questions you can contact Bas Stel via email@example.com. Applications via email will not be processed.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via www.career.bayer.be/en/sociall-wall/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We look forward to receiving your application online.
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 184981
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services