Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Regulatory Policy & Intelligence Lead
As the Regulatory Policy & Intelligence Lead you will provide direction and development of Regulatory Policy & Intelligence activities supporting Bayer’s pipeline and development strategies, with a particular emphasis on Therapeutic Areas, digital approaches, and new modalities.
You will create and lead internal regulatory policy and intelligence networks of subject matter experts to drive efforts shaping the regulatory environment for priority topics, shaping the regulatory environment for global drug development and a more harmonized regulatory approach. It is necessary to monitor and interpret the external regulatory environment and provide a strategic view of emergent opportunities for Bayer pharmaceuticals and the portfolio. In addition, you are responsible and accountable to represent Bayer externally in industry working groups and committees to maximize impact and advocate key policy topics.
As a member of the regulatory policy and intelligence team, you will report to the global head of regulatory policy and intelligence and work collaboratively with global stakeholders, including regional teams, therapeutic areas, and subject matter experts as determined based upon priority topics and assigned areas of focus.
If you are based in the Netherlands, the position can be filled 100% remotely or you can use the Bayer office in Mijdrecht until August 2022. As of that date, there will be a new office in Hoofddorp. The position is also open to applicants who live in Belgium or the United Kingdom.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate within the regulatory policy network and across R&D to identify and prioritize topics of high impact to Bayer’s pipeline.
- Strategically assess external regulatory developments and support decision-making process to understand internal impacts, cross-geographical effects, and develop strategies to achieve desired policy outcomes.
- Manage and direct policy projects by leading cross-functional experts to align internally, support executive-level engagement, and demonstrate leadership externally with key stakeholders.
- Formulate and shape policies and positions for identified priority topics.
- Develop and implement clear regulatory policy advocacy strategies supported by proactive internal and external communication plans.
- Coordinate and guide Bayer’s engagement in key industry trade associations, workgroups, and Committees.
- Represent, and speak on behalf of, Bayer in external forums and communications.
Your key working relations: Regulatory Affairs Leadership Team; other policy functions (e.g., government affairs, health policy, R&D, MA/PV); other Intelligence functions (e.g., business intelligence, competitive intelligence, Global R&D Information); Cross-functional business partners (e.g., Medical, Pharmacovigilance, Quality, Clinical Development); Consumer Health, Radiology, Oncology, Crop Science; Industry Trade Associations and professional societies.
Patients first! At Bayer Pharmaceuticals, we are passionate about shaping the future of patient care. By focusing on prescription products in cardiology and women’s health, we propose new treatments for cardiovascular diseases and drive innovation for women. By concentrating on specialty therapeutics in the areas of oncology, hematology and ophthalmology, we fight cancer, treat hemophilia and protect vision. Our mission is to research, develop, manufacture and market specialized products that improve the health of people throughout the world. Are you just as committed, focused and passionate as we are about shaping the future of health care?
WHO YOU ARE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in life sciences, health policy, communications, or health-related discipline.
- An advanced degree in law (JD), pharmacy (PharmD), medicine (MD), or a life science-related discipline (PhD) is preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in a medical product regulated environment is required.
- A working understanding of medical product regulation is required. Understanding of different regulatory systems and frameworks, globally.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. High customer focus.
- Incumbents must embrace change and should possess the ability to effectively work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Some travel required (approx. 10-20%).
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
As a modern employer, we take care of our employees and help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our employees a wide range of career prospects, a modern working environment and competitive compensation. Bayer employees benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An excellent competitive gross yearly salary between €100K and €120K depending on your education and work experience, based on 40 hours per week.
- A bonus of 22,5% (based on company results).
- 34 days of leave.
- You have the choice to work 100% of your working hours from home.
- A solid retirement plan.
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues.
- A successful innovative organization with international career possibilities.
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop.
Be innovative, be Bayer. We shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE-values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Patrick Brady (Head Regulatory Policy & Intelligence) via Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact Suzan Felix (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via email@example.com if you have a question about the recruitment process.
What can you expect? The application process consists of a phone screening, a personality questionnaire and reasoning test and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via https://career.bayer.be/en/teambayerbenelux/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 525203
Functional Area: Regulatory Affairs