Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Head of Pipeline Enablement Associate / Bayer Crop Science / Bergschenhoek
At Bayer Crop Science, we’re harnessing the spirit of innovation to shape what’s possible for farmers, consumers, and the planet. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive digital transformation. Within this fast moving environment we are looking for a Head of Pipeline Enablement Associates, Bergschenhoek. This position will be based in Bergschenhoek.
Your tasks and responsibilities.
The head is responsible for leading a team of Pipeline Enablement Associates who will support vegetable breeding programs with most advanced breeding practices to ensure success in breeding, through collection of genotypic data, planning of needed crossing blocks, and preparation of data for pipeline advancements.
This position will be collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of vegetable breeders, horticulture research specialists, breeding operations and data scientists to deliver creative solutions to complex business problems using advanced field operations, equipment, analytics, and cutting edge automation techniques.
Key deliverables include: (i) enable decisions that drive pipeline advancement and placement; (ii) deliver our integrated product system commercial portfolios to address market needs with the highest data quality; (iii) develop pipeline delivery teams and people.
Furthermore you will:
- Develop Pipeline Enablement Associates through effective leadership focused on people and organizational needs.
- Effective collaboration with Breeders and Site Operations, responsible for successful planning and execution in weekly, monthly and yearly planning, organization and execution to generate needed crossing blocks and seeds.
- Drive quality data collection and entry into enterprise systems for product advancement and efficient functioning of the breeding programs.
- Lead through change as member of an integrated station management team creating successful planning for the entire year.
- Together with Breeding Operations, ensuring the most accurate prioritization in the day-to-day operations at the station, including planning for temporary workforce.
- Build data pipelines and tools for extraction, curation and management of genomic, phenotypic and pipeline data.
- Collaborate with the Trial Officers/commercial breeders, in needed data collection and analysis for any off-site breeding managed from the site.
- Assist in building dashboards and metrics for various KPIs and provide necessary support for transitioning the predictive and prescriptive models into the cloud.
- Leverage metrics applications and quality control processes to realize accuracy, efficiency and expanded improvements to protocols.
- Proactively identify opportunities to assist in improving established procedures, and lead troubleshooting activities through root cause analysis and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ensure that team members follow all applicable local and Bayer Internal policies and programs including but not limited to HSE, QMS, regulatory and compliance protocols, and business conduct protocols.
Who you are?
- Education: MSc in Plant Breeding, Crop Science or related field with 7 years’ experience managing people or B.S. degree with 10+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop breeding project plans, analyze and interpret breeding data.
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-based environment. Manages multiple projects and priorities.
- Develop talent and effectively leads employees through complex situations. Proven leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to effectively achieve business results.
- Capacity to communicate and work effectively with all management levels in a multi-cultural organization.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and understanding of how to apply them to achieve business results.
What Bayer offers you.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Crop Science employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including 8,33% holiday allowance.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Lots of international growth opportunities.
- A team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Interested in this position?
At Bayer, we are committed to improving lives through a food system that is better for farmers, consumers and the planet. These targets will be both ambitious and time-bound, with a combination of long-term thinking and short- to mid-term goals.
We cannot realize this vision alone. Turning today’s impossibilities into tomorrow’s breakthroughs requires strong collaboration with scientists, innovators, regulators, and farmers. Please check this link to get more insight into Bayer Crop Science
Reach out to us by clicking the ‘Apply’ button! In case of any questions you can contact Luuck van Kooten via Luuck.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via email will not be processed.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via www.career.bayer.be/en/sociall-wall/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 279282
Functional Area: Biotechnology R&D