Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Engineer Vegetable Seeds Product Supply
As the Date Engineer Vegetable Seeds Product Supply within Bayer you are responsible for the data flows which are the core of all analytical processes. You are involved in designing, building, integrating, and maintaining data flows from several sources. You set the strategy for the regional data pipeline setup and you oversee that all data sources are connected correctly. You maintain the governance, make continues improvements while keeping in line with the global data analytics strategy.
You enable the analytics specialists and data scientists to have consistent, reliable, and accurate data availability. You will be working closely together in a team of multiple analytics specialists. Next to that you will also collaborate with other data analytics teams from different regions and divisions to come to a uniform data structure.
Bayer Vegetable Seeds division’s data pipeline will be renewed in the coming years. Because of an acquisition there are two legacy systems that are about to be merged and/or renewed. In some cases, an interim state needs to be created at regional level to make sure business can continue before the global state will be implemented. These interim states need to be created by you as the Data Engineer. Furthermore, the you will need to make the regional requirements are met in the new global design for the long term.
Who you are?
- You have a master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistical modeling, or similar education.
- You have at least 3 years of experience with data mining / data analytics / data engineering in a technical or scientific environment.
- In your experience so far, you have showed strong analytical skills in combination with excellent understanding of all related business systems and tools: SAP ECC, SQL, Python / R, Teradata, any of the industry standard Cloud Platforms.
- Off course you have a technical mindset.
- You are a critical thinker who knows which data solutions fit best for each data challenge.
- With your strong communication and presentation skills you can convey findings in a clear, concise, and convincing manner to those involved. To do this you are be able to translate the business needs and the needs of the analytics specialists into a technical solution, and the other way around.
Next to this you have:
- A natural curiosity and you are driven to continuously learn and figure out how things work and then able to turn it into solutions.
- Experience in working in an international environment with cross-functional influences.
- A successful track record as project manager is a plus.
Bayer Crop Science - Vegetable Seeds
Creating value to, on and beyond the farm by offering tailored solutions, that’s what we do. At Bayer Vegetable Seeds, we are dedicated to developing new vegetable seed varieties that growers around the world can cultivate. By combining our passion and in-depth knowledge, we strive for crop optimization and innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet. From glasshouses to open fields, we join our forces with science and mother nature to advance health and nutrition. Do you want to join this team as well?
As a modern employer, we take care of our employees and help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our employees a wide range of career prospects, a modern working environment and competitive compensation. Bayer employees benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An excellent competitive salary based on 38 hours
- An additional 8% holiday allowance, year-end premium and a bonus (based on company results)
- 25 days of leave
- A solid retirement plan
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- A successful innovative organization with international career possibilities
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
Be innovative, be Bayer. We shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE-values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a questions or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Jose van de Beek via firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you expect? The application process consists of a phone screening, a personality questionnaire and reasoning test and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via https://career.bayer.be/en/teambayerbenelux/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 423824
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management