Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Communications Business Partner Crop Science Benelux / Multiple sites Benelux / Bayer / Fulltime
As the Communications Business Partner, you will advise the Crop Science division in Benelux in all strategic and conceptual aspects of communication. This includes marketing & sales organizations, R&D and supply chain sites, and a chemical production site with global reach. You will act as the strategic Communications expert and as the single point of contact to the business. You are the spokesperson for all matters Crop Science and will be responsible for issue and crisis communication in you respected areas.
You become part of a dynamic team of 4 and will be able to work from any of our Benelux Crop Science sites (Diegem or Antwerp in Belgium; Bergschenhoek, Mijdrecht, Enkhuizen or Wageningen in The Netherlands) with frequent travel to the other sites.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Providing comprehensive advice to the business organization on all aspects of communications and assisting in setting strategic direction.
- Developing local communication strategies and concepts based on Bayer’s business requirements and global communication strategy.
- Managing topics holistically and developing integrated communication plans, content and activities for all relevant target groups and channels.
- Translating business topics into messages relevant to target audiences.
- Advising the Crop Science Management team on executive communications and change communications.
- Ensuring proper application and usage of the Bayer brand.
- Acting as a spokesperson to media on topics related to Crop Science and managing communications activities in case of issue and crisis.
Who you are
- Master degree in communications, journalism, languages, social sciences,…
- Min. 5 years of experience in a communications position within the agricultural/life sciences/biotech industry or another highly regulated environment
- Good knowledge of the media landscape (lay and trade press) in Belgium and The Netherlands
- Excellent copywriting and organization skills
- Ability to work in a matrix structure and build trustful relationships with different stakeholders
- Ability to present to and interact with senior management teams
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time, define the right priorities and work independently
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is a must. Good knowledge of French is highly desired.
What Bayer offers you
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. Bayer employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including vacation allowance
- Company bonus
- A solid benefits package, catered to the site you choose to work from
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- A successful innovative organization with international career possibilities challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
Interested in this vacancy?
Send us your cv and motivation letter by clicking the ‘Apply’ button! If you have any questions about the position, you can contact Katrien Mertens (Katrien.Mertens.firstname.lastname@example.org) via +32 2 535 64 49.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via http://www.teambayerbenelux.com and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 235403
Functional Area: Communications & Public Affairs