Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Augmented Reality Development Internship
Bayer offers an interesting internship for the development of a relevant, field-applied use case for the Microsoft HoloLens 2.0. Your role will be to investigate ideas and turn them into action to develop a cutting edge in-field application somewhere in the process of our vegetable seed production.
This internship offers the opportunity to work hybrid.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your purpose will be to develop and program the HoloLens until a usable module is ready for in-field application. Your responsibilities will therefore be:
- A focus on object recognition and a positive user-friendly user experience.
- To think about a training module for determining the exact right emasculation and pollination stage of flower buds.
- Programming for e.g. the determination of the right harvesting stage of fruits, disease recognition, measuring nutrient signaling needs of the plants, etc.
- You will have the freedom to own the process and deliver your insight and ideation and showcase what the world of augmented reality could add to Bayer’s innovation.
Creating value to, on and beyond the farm by offering tailored solutions, that’s what we do. At Bayer Vegetable Seeds, we are dedicated to developing new vegetable seed varieties that growers around the world can cultivate. By combining our passion and in-depth knowledge, we strive for crop optimization and innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet. From glasshouses to open fields, we join our forces with science and mother nature to advance health and nutrition. Do you want to join this team as well?
WHO YOU ARE
- You are currently in the process of obtaining a bachelor or master in the field of Optical Science or Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related field at a Dutch university.
- You are enthusiastic, result-oriented and have good communication skills.
- You practice excellent and clear communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- You are an independent worker and enjoy leaving your mark on the organization.
- You know the field of AR/VR-related subjects, and you are excited to start working with them.
- You are available for a duration of 6 months, for 4 to 5 days per week, preferably from June/July, although we are flexible with regards to the starting date and duration of the internship.
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
As a modern employer, we take care of our interns. We help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our interns a wide range of learning opportunities, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. Bayer interns benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An internship allowance of €500 for students studying at a university of applied sciences and €600 for university students, based on a full-time work week.
- The opportunity to gain practical experience within a market-leading, international organization.
- Due to a broad scope of activities, you will get to deal with many different people and processes within Bayer Crop Science.
- Gaining experience in a team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Be innovative, be Bayer. We shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE-values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
Interested in this vacancy?
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Stephanie Rijcken via email@example.com.
What can you expect? The application process consists of a first screening with the recruiter and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, both via Teams.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via https://career.bayer.be/en/teambayerbenelux/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.
Do you want to work in a place where you can be just YOU?
Your unique personality, background and talents help build a strong, diverse and inclusive Bayer.
So join us! Be You, Be Bayer.
Netherlands : Netherlands : Bergschenhoek || Netherlands : Netherlands : Amsterdam || Netherlands : Netherlands : Enkhuizen || Netherlands : Netherlands : Maastricht || Netherlands : Netherlands : Mijdrecht || Netherlands : Netherlands : Wageningen